· Valuation of businesses, business interests, and professional practices
· Analysis of stock options and restricted stock awards
· Real property valuation
· Separate property tracing and analysis
· Analysis of retirement benefits (e.g., 401(k)’s, IRA’s, pensions, deferred compensation accounts, etc.)
· Dissipation or concealment of assets
· Spousal maintenance
· Child Support for high-income or high net-worth parents
· Litigation related to the enforceability of prenuptial agreements, community property agreements, and other spousal agreements
· We work hard to settle every case because an agreed resolution is almost always in our client’s best interests.
· We view trial as the most civilized means available for resolving an otherwise intractable dispute, but we pursue all reasonable avenues for settlement before resorting to trial. If the other side refuses to settle on reasonable terms, we are perfectly willing and able to go to trial.
· We represent both sides of every issue because that helps us keep things in better perspective.
· We avoid blowing things out of proportion. We will state your case in a respectful and persuasive manner that is effective at mediation or court.
· We give our clients honest, objective feed-back about their cases based on our many years of experience in the field of family law. on your behalf. We will work with you every step of the way to make sure that you understand the choices you are making and feel empowered to make them.
Carl is available for mediation and arbitration at a reasonable rate. Please contact our office to check our schedule for dates and times.
Carl Edwards has practiced law in King County, Washington, since 1993. He began to focus on family law in 1995 and has practiced family law exclusively since 1997.
Education: Carl graduated from Stanford University with a B.A. in English in 1980. He obtained his J.D. from the University of Washington School of Law, where he graduated with honors in 1993. While in law school, Carl served as an Associate Editor of the Washington Law Review, was a member of the Moot Court Honor Board and the national Order of the Barristers, received the James J. Lawless award for finishing at the top of this first-year class, and won 1st Place in the Mock Trial Competition during his third year. Carl spent the last quarter of law school working as an extern for the Honorable William Dwyer of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Professional Experience: Carl has worked as a sole practitioner since February 2011, when he formed the Law Offices of Carl T. Edwards, P.S. Prior to that, Carl managed his own family law practice most recently as a shareholder with Edwards, Sieh, Smith & Goodfriend, P.S. (March 2003 – January 2011) and, prior to that, as a partner at Wechsler, Becker, Erickson, Ross, Roubik & Edwards, LLP (April 2000 – March 2003). Before opening his own practice, Carl worked as an associate for Gordon W. Wilcox, Inc., P.S. (February 1998 – April 2000) and Edwards, Sieh, Wiggins & Hathaway, P.S. (June 1993 – January 1998).
Carl is licensed to practice law in the State of Washington and the U.S. District Court for Western Washington. Carl is a member of the Washington State Bar Association and the King County Bar Association as well as the Family Law Sections of both bar associations. Carl served on the executive committee of the Family Law Section of the King County Bar Association from 2000 through 2004, including one year as Chair of the section. Carl participates regularly in the King County Bar Association’s family law pro bono programs. He served as the director of the Fremont Neighborhood Legal Clinic from 1996-1998, has been a mentor in the Family Law Mentor Program, provides pro bono mediation services to low income parties through the King County Volunteer Family Law Settlement Conference Program, and volunteers regularly at the Greenwood Family Law Clinic.
Daniel Edwards has practiced law in King County, Washington, since 2015. Daniel graduated from the University of Washington with a B.A. in Economics in 2010, and attended Law School at Seattle University where he graduated Cum Laude in 2014.
Daniel is licensed to practice law in the State of Washington and is a member of the Washington State Bar Association and the King County Bar Association, as well as the Family Law Sections in both associations. He has practiced family law in King County since 2015 as an associate attorney for the Law Offices of Carl T. Edwards.
As our paralegal and office manager, Rinda Evans, has worked with family law attorneys in King County since 1995. She obtained her paralegal certification in 1999 and has worked for Carl since 2001. Rinda is familiar with Carl’s approach to the practice of family law and shares the same values that he brings to the practice of law. Rinda, Carl and Daniel work together on all cases.
Rinda is very knowledgeable and will assist you to navigate through this process. She also brings her dog Preacher to work with her. Preacher is the soul of the office. He is a gentle, sweet and loving part of our team.
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site or communicating with Law Offices of Carl T. Edwards, p.s. through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising.
Copyright © 2018 LawLawyerTemplate - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder